- #1 ranked university in South Australia:
- #120 in the prestigious Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2020
- #106 in QS World University Rankings
- #137 in Academic Rankings of World Universities.
- #1 in South Australia for graduate employability (QS Employability Rankings, 2020).
- South Australia’s only member of Australia’s prestigious ‘Group of Eight’ research-intensive universities.
- Associated with one third of all of Australia’s Nobel Laureates—five in total.
- Over 120 Fulbright Scholars and more than 100 Rhodes Scholars among our alumni.
- A truly global institution:
- around 30% of 25,000 students come from overseas
- half of the academic staff were born internationally or hold dual citizenships.
- 100% of our research sub-fields are rated ‘world standard or above’ (Excellence in Research Australia, 2018).
The University of Adelaide's main campus is the site of most teaching and research facilities, as well as excellent educational and social facilities.
Roseworthy is an internationally renowned centre for excellence in dryland agriculture and animal production. This campus is also home to a number of collaborative centres.
Waite is located just 7km south-east of the city and is the pre-eminent plant and agricultural science research site in the Southern Hemisphere.