The StudyAdelaide Student Ambassador program is a 12-month program, and the 2021 team will work with StudyAdelaide from March 2021 until March 2022.
Here’s what we are looking for in an ambassador:
- Team members who are energetic and friendly
- Passionate about living and studying in Adelaide
- Team members who are prepared to take on a challenging experience that will push them to develop personally and professionally
- Active member of the community
- Active social media user
- Volunteer experience either in Adelaide or prior to arriving in Adelaide
- Available for 5-10 hours per month
- Possess strong communication skills
- Committed to the ambassador role from March 2021 to March 2022
Why should you apply?
- You are an international or Australian student who is eager to promote StudyAdelaide, our activities and South Australia.
- You want to raise awareness of support services available to international students
- You are interested in representing StudyAdelaide at official functions and in marketing campaigns
- You are able to share experiences and knowledge with the international student community and confident with public speaking
- You are able to offer advice on initiatives, activities, events and support services that you think will be benefit international students.
In return, you will receive from StudyAdelaide:
- Experience: In event organisation, leadership, public speaking, social interaction and social media engagement.
- Wage: An hourly rate will be provided for your time.
- Contacts: As one of our Ambassadors, you’ll get the opportunity to network with South Australia’s political, business and community leaders.
- Support: You’ll also get to know the StudyAdelaide team – a passionate group of professionals with experience in marketing, media and social engagement.
- Invitations: You will be invited to key industry events and social functions organised by StudyAdelaide.
- Free training: In developing leadership skills.
- Certificate: Presented by the Governor of South Australia.
- Uniform: StudyAdelaide will provide you with a branded uniform to be worn at StudyAdelaide events.
How do I apply?
- 18 years of age or over when you apply
- A current student at one of StudyAdelaide’s member institutions
- Enrolled at your institution until at least December 2021
- Prepare a 60 second video telling us why you should be chosen as a 2021 StudyAdelaide student ambassador
If you meet the above criteria, click here to apply!
Applications close 11.59pm, Sunday 21 February 2021. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
*Please note you cannot save the form or update a completed form. We recommend reviewing the questions, preparing your answers and submitting your application once all responses are ready.
Feel free to use your phone camera for recording the short video as we don't expect you to be using any professional grade equipment or software in making this video response.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is StudyAdelaide?
StudyAdelaide is a destination marketing agency promoting Adelaide as a destination for international students. StudyAdelaide is funded by the South Australian Government and its member institutions. StudyAdelaide also facilitates onshore engagement with international students through events, initiatives and support year-round.
2. I’m a first year student, can I apply?
Yes, of course. If you meet the minimum criteria to apply and have just arrived you are more than welcome to apply. Best of luck!
3. How much of a time commitment is the role?
It is roughly 5-10 hours per month to support StudyAdelaide which you will be paid for. The hours are flexible and can fit around your studies.
4. When will I know the outcome of my application?
StudyAdelaide will contact those shortlisted for interview in early March. Once the interviews have been completed and our final selection of Ambassadors has been made, all applicants will be contacted to advise the outcome of their application. This will occur by the end of March.
5. I’ve applied unsuccessfully to be an ambassador previously, can I apply again?
Yes, of course.
6. I’m a domestic student, can I apply?
Yes, you can! StudyAdelaide is looking to continue having Australians as part of the StudyAdelaide Ambassador Program.
7. What level of involvement is required during semester breaks as I might want to travel?
StudyAdelaide may have some events on during semester breaks. We work with you to determine your availability to help and encourage you to use your breaks to travel.
8. How do I do the video submission?
We’re looking for a short video (maximum of 60 seconds) where you have addressed the question. It doesn’t need to be a professional video, you can simply record this on your phone. The important part of the video submission is your answer but you can use video editing software or a slideshow of photos to enhance your response. Remember to have some fun with it and be yourself!View all News